Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A letter to B.

Dear Sis,

Thanks for sharing this with me.  I got a little teary-eyed, because that's how one normally gets when a loved one is happy.  All I can say is, claim God's happiness.  I won't say 'your' because man is naturally selfish and emotions inevitably get in the way of a sound and noble mind.  Claim His happiness because He is happily looking after yours.  "Win-win" situation 'baga :) 

I'm happy that you're healing after your heart's loss.  I haven't been in your situation, but I've certainly experienced different sorts of heartbreak where every day looks bleak and the 'light at the end of the tunnel' sounds more like a myth.  

But God's ways and thoughts are definitely higher than ours.  And like you said, His timing is definitely impeccable.  I'm sure this is not the first time He proved that to you, but we are notoriously forgetful. Thank God He's God because He is also infinitely patient with us.

I do not doubt your revelations and I look forward to the day that "he" will be revealed to you.  Just continue to allow the Lord to mold you into a proper wife, a woman of God; that means He may test you as well so keep His Word close to your heart and let the Holy Spirit teach you to be even more discerning--because meeting a guy shortly after this revelation is not necessarily a sign that he IS the one.

I know that the right one will be someone who will love every bit of you.  He doesn't have to be someone like you, but someone who will respect your differences and accept them because  your ultimate similarity is your love for Jesus.  Marry the man who will put God ahead of you.  

We all grew up to fairy tales and fantasized our love lives to follow the formula of romantic comedies, but I am sure God has someone else in mind for a husband, more fitting than Prince Charming and Mr. Wonderful (and who's to say that your future hubby won't turn out to be like both diba? ;D ) I just meant look beyond the peripherals.  Whatever else he is on the outside and even inside--he may have the best character and slay fire-breathing dragons as a hobby--but if he does not share an intimate loving relationship with Christ, then ekis gihapon siya.

You know all this, I'm sure, but it's my duty as ate to remind and remind and remind.  It doesn't make me the fun-nest person to be around, but I feel obliged to do it ;)

Lecture aside, I AM happyhappyhappy for you.  I am glad that you have reached this point in your life and in your faith to be content in letting God work your life for you.  There's a difference between living in faith and being fatalistic--joy.  I pray that you will continually and joyfully embrace what God sets in your path.

Live!
 
Love,
T

No comments: